Do you want to join the increasing number of schools and colleges who have committed to making their school a safe, nurturing, welcoming and exciting place, in which all learners with ADHD can achieve their academic potential?
If your answer is yes, then why not become an ADHD Friendly School?
To achieve the award, Schools and Colleges work in partnership with the ADHD Foundation, the largest provider of ADHD training for parents and professionals in the UK and agree to work together to achieve the 6 ADHD Friendly School Pledges.
The 6 ADHD Friendly School Pledges
- We pledge to work with the ADHD Foundation to provide a training session for our staff team.
- We pledge to provide regular opportunities for all learners with ADHD to have access to physical activity and exercise during the school day.
- We pledge to provide opportunities for all learners with ADHD to learn self-calming strategies such as breathing, progressive muscle relaxation or mindfulness.
- We pledge to provide tactile resources in every classroom.
- We pledge to produce a display for the whole school and hold one assembly to celebrate the achievements of people living with ADHD.
- We pledge to provide information and support for parents and carers of children and young people with ADHD.